VK is at it again...

Discuss topics unique to Open Class Drum Corps

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Hostrauser
All Star
All Star

VK is at it again...

Post by Hostrauser » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Evidently, at the Brea, CA show on Saturday, the Velvet Knights were up to their old tricks...

Their show began with a body being carried onto the field (replete with funeral march). A short eulogy was given, and then the body sat up... and was wearing an Impulse cap.

Some people have been quite offended. Your thoughts? Classless? Good fun? VK being VK?
"I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am."
-- Joseph Baretti

WE ARE SPARTACI
All Star
All Star

Re: VK is at it again...

Post by WE ARE SPARTACI » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Hostrauser wrote:Evidently, at the Brea, CA show on Saturday, the Velvet Knights were up to their old tricks...

Their show began with a body being carried onto the field (replete with funeral march). A short eulogy was given, and then the body sat up... and was wearing an Impulse cap.

Some people have been quite offended. Your thoughts? Classless? Good fun? VK being VK?

They have been equally as irreverent in the past. Reading the reviews of Impulse' show, it might have been pretty close to accurate. It would have been more tasteful (and quite a bit funnier if you ask me) to have the corpse (or corps?!?) in a vintage VK uniform from their heyday.

Mcgyver2u
All Star
All Star

Re: VK is at it again...

Post by Mcgyver2u » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:24 pm

NOBAMA NOHOPPY, 1 down... wrote:
Hostrauser wrote:Evidently, at the Brea, CA show on Saturday, the Velvet Knights were up to their old tricks...

They have been equally as irreverent in the past. Reading the reviews of Impulse' show, it might have been pretty close to accurate. It would have been more tasteful (and quite a bit funnier if you ask me) to have the corpse (or corps?!?) in a vintage VK uniform from their heyday.

Holy Crap, even I find that in bad taste! What are they thinking??