Div 2 & Div 3 predictions

Discuss topics unique to Open Class Drum Corps

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Tick624
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tick624 » Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:06 am

Well, since Surf's only a weekend corps, I am able to work over the summer and I can take summer classes as well. Last year I didn't march at all b/c the classes I took lasted the whole summer, but this year they end in July.

Marching with the Crossmen was a lot of fun, but I can't afford to miss a whole summer when I have bills to pay and want to graduate "on time" :lol:

I also had lots of fun marching with Surf and can't wait to march with my friends from 2000 again. Hope this answers you quesiton.

Peace
Jersey Surf Euph '00, '03
Crossmen Contra '01

Gamma Xi Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi FA01

bfhdznr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bfhdznr » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:27 am

bluestarsfco wrote:ah, we're "sanctimonious" now...interesting...

As for basing predictions on last year's scores...that hasn't been very accurate in the past. What do scores have to do with divisional status? Oh and for the record, if you are going to go off of scores, you should know that Blue Stars beat Jersey Surf last year, so you might want to reconsider your predictions. I'd say you should base your predictions on consistency over time (in which case, Cano's would probably be further up.)

What's wrong with Lake Erie Regiment? Did I miss something here? I'm not sure where that comment is coming from.

I though the Chieftans were a seperate corps from LVK, although they're connected somehow? I'm just curious. :?
yeah your right scores from the year before are meaningless. and since you have to throw the bluestars beat surf in 02 up on the wall how about this. Surf's prelim score was almost a point higher than bluestars championship score in 01 and surf didnt get to go to finals that year. and with an 87 something being their lowest score in about 5 years consistency is what matters and that is what will put a corps into finals.
BRRRRRRT

top dawg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by top dawg » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:01 am

Well, no. Why did you leave the Surf in the first place?
Sounds to me like they have the right idea and the ideal situation for you.
I hate drum corps whores who move from corps to corps.

Tick624
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by Tick624 » Mon Jan 13, 2003 3:21 pm

I left Surf b/c I wanted to do a full time tour, and I knew this would get harder and harder to do the farther along I went into college (b/c of taking classes, and getting summer internships) so I knew the longer I waited the less chance I would have to do it. Luckily I did in fact do it then b/c I doubt I will be able to do it next year b/c I might get an internship.

Hope that answers your question, feel free to ask anymore you have

Peace
Jersey Surf Euph '00, '03
Crossmen Contra '01

Gamma Xi Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi FA01

bfhdznr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bfhdznr » Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:27 pm

hey tick 624 ya ever fall flat on you face in your first corps show. and did ya save the horn HAHAHAHA! how do ya all face first when backing up whatever!
TICK! to your left Tick.
BRRRRRRT

drummer1784
Rookie
Rookie

who is hoping to move to div II this year?

Post by drummer1784 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:02 pm

Does anyone know which division III corps are planning on moving up to division II is they get the numbers. I heard rumors that Revolution and Bluestars are but that is only rumors. Will someone that actually knows please let me know. Also, if anyone knows of any other division III corps that plan on moving up please let me know. Thanks.
"To have talent without will is a waste." -Anonymous

StarRev8502
New Recruit
New Recruit

Post by StarRev8502 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:01 pm

Revolution IS moving up this year. Made that announcement a couple of months ago. Remember though, it's all about quality, not quantity. ;)
Good luck to everyone, especially our Blue brothers (and sisters) in the North! :)
Evan Morgan
Tour Manager
Revolution