NFL Football Pool Game VII

If you can name it... you can discuss it here (except politics & religion)! Just keep it clean, OK?

Moderator: The Moderating Team

Marianne
Support Staff
Support Staff

Game Open: Wild Card Weekend

Post by Marianne » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:52 am

THE GAME IS NOW OPEN
FOR PICKS FOR
Wild Card Weekend

Pick The Winner Of Each Game: (80 Points Each)

Saturday, January 7
1. Detroit Lions @ New Orleans Saints
2. Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans
Sunday, January 8
3. Atlanta Falcons @ New York Giants
4. Pittsburgh Steelers @ Denver Broncos

Bonus Question 1: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 1 ( Detroit Lions vs New Orleans Saints )?
(15 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.)

Bonus Question 2: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 2 ( Cincinnati Bengals vs Houston Texans )?
(25 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.)

Bonus Question 3: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 3 ( Atlanta Falcons vs New York Giants )?
(15 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.)

Bonus Question 4: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 4 ( Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos )?
(25 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.)

Deadline for picks are as follows:
Deadline 1: (Games 1-2 and BQ1 & BQ2 ) Saturday, January 7 ; 4:30 PM Eastern/ 1:30 PM Pacific.
Deadline 2: (Games 3-4 and BQ3 & BQ4 ) Sunday, January 8 ; 1:00 PM Eastern/ 10:00 AM Pacific.

If you miss any Deadline, you may still submit picks for games covered under the remaining deadlines, and take "no picks" for the games under the deadlines you've missed.

You may submit all your picks at one time if you wish, with the option to change picks under deadlines that are still open.
Marianne
BK Rifle 68-74
Trooper Sis: 1984
Trooper Aunt: 2005

GWFrog
All Star
All Star

Re: NFL Football Pool Game VII

Post by GWFrog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:10 am

Howdy!

With my stellar results so far... :flush:

I'm not sure why I continue... :lshic:

Nevertheless, very possibly merely whistling in the dark... :whistle:

Saturday, January 7
Sunday, January 8
4. Pittsburgh Steelers @ The Broncos
(Only because I don't pick against my Bronkies, even with that Tebow guy at @ QB...)

Bonus Question 1: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 1 ( Detroit Lions vs New Orleans Saints )? 10

Bonus Question 2: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 2 ( Cincinnati Bengals vs Houston Texans )? 45

Bonus Question 3: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 3 ( Atlanta Falcons vs New York Giants )? 13

Bonus Question 4: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 4 ( Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos )? 31

'Til later...
GWFrog 8-)

Life is a test, then you die and find out whether you passed or failed.

No matter what you listen to, most people don't like your music...

cavies79
Support Staff
Support Staff

Post by cavies79 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:55 am

Saturday, January 7
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Cincinnati Bengals
Sunday, January 8
3. New York Giants
4. Pittsburgh Steelers

Bonus Question 1: 14
Bonus Question 2: 48
Bonus Question 3: 7
Bonus Question 4: 42
Dennis O. Eveland
Composer/ Arranger/ Band Director
Cavalier Alumni
Laredo, Texas

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Re: Week 17 Results

Post by Jim Anello » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:56 pm

Congratulations, Mike!
Marianne wrote:Here are the results for Regular Season Week 17:

WEEK 17 RESULTS
1. 75.882 Old Mike
2. 75.441 Seahawk
3. 75.147 Jd
4. 74.265 Jim Anello
5. 69.118 cavies79
6. 68.529 chadwick
7. 63.824 Marianne
8. 43.046 GWFrog

SEASON AVERAGE THROUGH WEEK 17
1. 66.145 Old Mike
2. 66.083 Jim Anello
3. 65.425 Jd
4. 65.298 Seahawk
5. 64.049 cavies79
6. 61.633 Marianne
7. 60.407 chadwick
8. 58.100 GWFrog

RECAPS
Jim Anello

Old Mike
Soloist
Soloist

Post by Old Mike » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:03 am

Thanks, Jim.

I had a tenuous and slipping lead as the season went on, eventually loing the lead heading into the final week. I think the bonus questions pushed me back into first....
Mike VR
'Canos (long time ago)

Don't cry because it's over.
SMILE because it's happened!

chadwick
All Star
All Star

Post by chadwick » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:06 pm

1. New Orleans Saints
2. Houston Texans
Sunday, January 8
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Pittsburgh Steelers

Bonus Question 1: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 1 ( Detroit Lions vs New Orleans Saints )? 9

Bonus Question 2: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 2 ( Cincinnati Bengals vs Houston Texans )? 56

Bonus Question 3: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 3 ( Atlanta Falcons vs New York Giants )? 6

Bonus Question 4: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 4 ( Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos )? 40

Seahawk
Soloist
Soloist

Congrats Old Mike!

Post by Seahawk » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Congratulations to Old Mike, fending off a late season surge by Jim Anello. Mike was the most consistent player all season. He started the season in fifth place, took the lead in Week 2 and held onto first place until Week 16, when Jim Anello slipped by him for the top slot. Mike was able to re-claim first in Week 17 and win the regular season title.

Jim Anello was also a very consistent player. He started Week 1 in 8th place, moved to 3rd in Week 2, then to second in Week 3. He held the second slot for the rest of the season except Week 11... slipping to 3rd, and then winning Week 16.

Congrats to both for their great play.

Kudos should also go to Jd, who showed consistent improvement through the season, making a late season surge to edge out Seahawk for the 3rd slot.

Here are some other statistics to consider..... We started the season with 10 players. Unfortunately Spartacus and Russell both withdrew early on. Of the remaining eight, only Chadwick did not win a first place spot. His highest finish was a second place, edged out by GW Frog by 1.071 points in Week 7. Everyone else won at least one week... Jd having the most first place with 5, followed by Old Mike with 4 wins. The highest weekly score was posted by Marianne (91.000 - week 11)... the lowest weekly win was posted by GW Frog (58.214 - week 7). There were two other weeks when the winning score barely broke 60.... the average winning score was 75.299. Obviously we all had both good weeks and bad weeks.

So on to the play-offs.... will anybody be able to knock Old Mike out of first place to claim the overall season title? We will see... it's going to be fun.
Martin

Blue Rock
Reading Buccaneers

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" (from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

Marianne
Support Staff
Support Staff

Re: Congrats Old Mike!

Post by Marianne » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Seahawk wrote:Congratulations to Old Mike, fending off a late season surge by Jim Anello. Mike was the most consistent player all season. He started the season in fifth place, took the lead in Week 2 and held onto first place until Week 16, when Jim Anello slipped by him for the top slot. Mike was able to re-claim first in Week 17 and win the regular season title.

Jim Anello was also a very consistent player. He started Week 1 in 8th place, moved to 3rd in Week 2, then to second in Week 3. He held the second slot for the rest of the season except Week 11... slipping to 3rd, and then winning Week 16.

Congrats to both for their great play.

Kudos should also go to Jd, who showed consistent improvement through the season, making a late season surge to edge out Seahawk for the 3rd slot.

Here are some other statistics to consider..... We started the season with 10 players. Unfortunately Spartacus and Russell both withdrew early on. Of the remaining eight, only Chadwick did not win a first place spot. His highest finish was a second place, edged out by GW Frog by 1.071 points in Week 7. Everyone else won at least one week... Jd having the most first place with 5, followed by Old Mike with 4 wins. The highest weekly score was posted by Marianne (91.000 - week 11)... the lowest weekly win was posted by GW Frog (58.214 - week 7). There were two other weeks when the winning score barely broke 60.... the average winning score was 75.299. Obviously we all had both good weeks and bad weeks.

So on to the play-offs.... will anybody be able to knock Old Mike out of first place to claim the overall season title? We will see... it's going to be fun.

Looks to me like at least one person peruses the recaps I post! That makes me happy. I was sort of wondering if anyone looked at them. It can sometimes take a couple of hours (or more) to gather up the recaps from all three boards and get them posted, including posting the results on each board. That includes the countless times I'm called away from the computer for one or another of Mom's needs at the time. I'm glad to know that effort isn't wasted.

I noticed you very politely didn't point out my rather dismal statistics. This has to be one of my worst seasons ever.

Someone on TVCH asked if I had/could post statistics on all the seasons, so people could compare their efforts from one season to another. I do have all the original score sheets from the very first season. Someday I might have time to compile that. It might make an interesting read. I also think it would be fun to pit the boards against each other, to see which board has the overall best average score (week to week and season averages). TVCH seems to have the habitual leaders, but they also have most of the habitual bottom dwellers too (a place I found myself in far too many times this year). That would be a fun statistic to see too.
Marianne
BK Rifle 68-74
Trooper Sis: 1984
Trooper Aunt: 2005

chadwick
All Star
All Star

Post by chadwick » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:40 am

Seahawk wrote: Of the remaining eight, only Chadwick did not win a first place spot. His highest finish was a second place, edged out by GW Frog by 1.071 points in Week 7.

Thanks for pointing that out!!! :lol: Perhaps I can nab a win one of these post season weeks!

Jd
Soloist
Soloist

Post by Jd » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:39 am

Here are my picks...

Saturday, January 7
Sunday, January 8

Bonus Question 1: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 1 ( Detroit Lions vs New Orleans Saints )?
(15 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.) 24

Bonus Question 2: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 2 ( Cincinnati Bengals vs Houston Texans )?
(25 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.) 42

Bonus Question 3: What will be the Point Spread of Game# 3 ( Atlanta Falcons vs New York Giants )?
(15 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.) 10

Bonus Question 4: What will be the Final Total Points of Game# 4 ( Pittsburgh Steelers vs Denver Broncos )?
(25 points, minus the variance of your guess from the actual points scored.) 48
Jd
Bleu Raeders '78-'80
Louisiana Southernaires '81
Phantom Regiment '82-'83
CorpsVets '03-'04

“The vast majority of those who are famous are not significant and the vast majority of those who are significant are not famous.” - Dennis Prager

Seahawk
Soloist
Soloist

Post by Seahawk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:39 pm

chadwick wrote:
Seahawk wrote: Of the remaining eight, only Chadwick did not win a first place spot. His highest finish was a second place, edged out by GW Frog by 1.071 points in Week 7.

Thanks for pointing that out!!! :lol: Perhaps I can nab a win one of these post season weeks!
Hi Chadwick

I hope you didn't take that as an insult... there was none intended. Just reporting the numbers. Counting GW Frog's narrow win in Week 7, you had 6 other weeks in which you finished in the top 4.
Martin

Blue Rock
Reading Buccaneers

"Ah, music. A magic beyond all we do here!" (from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

Seahawk
Soloist
Soloist

Wildcard Weekend picks

Post by Seahawk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Saturday, January 7
1. New Orleans Saints
2. Cincinnati Bengals

Sunday, January 8
3. New York Giants
4. Pittsburgh Steelers

Bonus Question 1: 17
Bonus Question 2: 44
Bonus Question 3: 10
Bonus Question 4: 42
Martin

Blue Rock
Reading Buccaneers

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Post by Jim Anello » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:49 pm

Saturday, January 7
Sunday, January 8

14 points

38 points

3 points

41 points
Jim Anello

Jim Anello
All Star
All Star

Post by Jim Anello » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Old Mike wrote:Thanks, Jim.

I had a tenuous and slipping lead as the season went on, eventually loing the lead heading into the final week. I think the bonus questions pushed me back into first....
I didn't help myself by picking against our beloved Packers last week. Hope that's the last time I'm wrong about them this season.
Jim Anello

Marianne
Support Staff
Support Staff

My Wild Card Picks

Post by Marianne » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:52 pm

1. New Orleans Saints
2. Houston Texans
3. Atlanta Falcons
4. Denver Broncos

BQ1: 5
BQ2: 52