The Drum Corps Discussion Group
Presented by The Sound Machine Drum Corps Scores Archive

Links to Other Sites: 

* FAQ   * Search   * Login   * Register 
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Zingali Scholarship Fundraiser - 2 more days!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:17 am 
All Star
All Star

Well, it looks like the fundraiser may exceed our expectations. The ticket # as it stands now is 675 sold, many people will be purchasing them at the door and it's not too late to join us!

I'm very lucky to know so many wonderful and generous people! A big kiss to Ms. Malibu and Ms. Cascade Mama for their generous donations.

Add to that more wonderful people - The Spirit of Atlanta Alumni Association headed by Nora and her Husband! I must shout out loud and thank them so very much for giving to us what will certainly be a capper to the night, and that is the George Zingali flag from their 2003 show.

I know Mae will be totally amazed, and I'm going to give her the semi-finals DVD of Spirits' 2003 show so that she can see for herself what the whole show meant to the drum corps world.

I don't believe she made it to any shows in 2003 so I thought that would be a nice touch.

We will be honoring 4 recipients on Saturday night, one being the 2004 drum major of the Boston Crusaders.

This should be quite a reunion as it encompasses George's life and the people that knew and loved him from the 8 or 9 year old clarinet player in the St. Anthonys Band of Revere, to his marching with 2-7, to his successes with winter guard and WGI, and eventually all that he accomplished as a drill designer and his acting career. He was so much more than the sum of his parts of course, and I and so many other people were blessed to have known him and to have called him "friend".

If you'd like more information or would like to make a tax deductable donation, please go to www.georgezingali.org.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:20 pm 
All Star
All Star

Congratulations on the great thing your're doing. Wish I could be a part of it, in person or otherwise. Alas, life intrudes....

Keep up the good work! :bow:

Profile E-mail